5:00 pm | Registration / Welcome Reception
Join us on opening night for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. This is a great opportunity to meet some of our speakers, sponsors and your fellow attendees.
7:30 am | Registration / Breakfast
8:00 am | Opening Remarks
8:15 am | Opening Keynote
In this keynote, Ryan navigates the imperatives of the current mobile landscape while showcasing best-in-class examples and highlighting where mobile might be headed in the near and long term.
Ryan’s natural fascination with the intersection of retail and technology has led to a career of inspiring and leading retailers to be on the forefront of the evolving “connected retail” environment. Ryan enjoys tackling changing consumer dynamics and defining how retail organizations can leverage technology to strengthen their competitive position. He currently leads strategy and emerging brands for Lamour Group’s portfolio of global brands while advising several startups focused on mobile and adtech. Prior to joining Lamour, Craver was in charge of the core department store strategy at Lord & Taylor/Hudson’s Bay Co. and was a senior leader at Accenture, driving growth and profit improvement across multiple clients, including Virgin Media, FedEx and Best Buy.
- Ryan Craver | SVP Strategy & Emerging Brands | Lamour Inc.
9:00 am | Refreshment Break
9:30 am | Breakout #1
In this omnichannel world, it’s important to give customers a consistent experience, from PC to mobile. Since each channel is its own animal, you have to determine how to provide the best experience for that platform. Many would argue that apps provide the best experience on mobile, while others would argue that most consumers won’t download your app. We’ll discuss all issues surrounding mobile UX: responsive design, apps, video, content, iPhone vs. Android, and the impact of bigger screens.
- Ken Logan | Senior Director of IT | San Francisco Giants
- Sponsored by TouchPoint Restaurant Innovations
9:30 am | Breakout #2
The Beacon Beckons – How to Really Connect with Customers
There’s a lot of buzz about beacons, forcing retailers of all shapes and sizes to take notice and explore their options. How do the technologies work? How are they used? What about privacy concerns? And, oh yeah, what’s the ROI? This session will cover various beacon technology strategies and review trends and best practices.
- Amit Bhardwaj | Senior Director, Customer Loyalty | Marsh Supermarkets
- Sponsored by Mood Media
10:30 am | Refreshment Break
11:00 am | Breakout #1
Millennial spending power is on the rise. This generation – comparable only to the Baby Boomers in size – composes 25% of the United States population. Unsurprisingly, their device of choice is mobile. A panel of experts will answer the following fundamental questions: What compels these digital natives to download your app? Which forward-thinking features compel this segment to engage with your mobile presence? We address these questions in depth and provide solutions to maximize adoption and lifetime usage.
- Cherryh Butler | Managing Editor | FastCasual.com
- Moderator: Kristen House | Mobile Product Manager | Paytronix Systems
- Sponsored by Paytronix
11:00 am | Breakout #2
We’ve moved beyond the days of questioning whether or not brands should incorporate social media in their advertising and engagement strategies. But, with the proliferation of platforms, and new capabilities being added daily, how does one determine the channels and technologies that best suit their needs? From geo-targeting, such as Facebook’s Local Awareness ads, to advancing local social search on Google, to utilizing beacon technology in automobiles, hear how some of today’s most successful companies have been harnessing social to reach the right consumers, at the right time, with the right message.
- Michael Carroll | Digital Marketing Manager | Regal Entertainment Group
- Lincoln Faulkner | Digital Advertising and eCommerce | Pizza Hut
- Justin McCoy | Vice President, Marketing | Cousins Subs
- Moderator: Rob Reed | Founder & Chief Innovative Officer | MomentFeed
- Sponsored by MomentFeed
12:00 pm | Lunch
1:00 pm | Breakout #1
Products are getting smarter and emerging digital channels are becoming the main conduit between brands and consumers, all translating into the changing role the retailer plays in the buying cycle. This panel will explore the viewpoints from a product perspective on the role the retailer, mobile, and new emerging technologies plays in how brands get closer to their customer.
- Charlie Larkin | Senior Director, GameStop Technology Institute | GameStop
- Brian Sobecks | Technology-based Marketing Strategist | Kraft Foods
- Ann Yeung | Sr Director, Enterprise Application Solutions | US Foods
- Moderator: Kelly Manthey | VP, Strategy and Innovation | Solstice Mobile
- Sponsored by Solstice Mobile
1:00 pm | Breakout #2
Mobile Coupons: Managing Success
As retailers have always known, providing consumers with compelling offers is the easy part. Understanding how to successfully manage mobile coupon availability and redemption is not always a straight path – but an important piece of delivering a positive customer experience. But without a comprehensive understanding of the mobile coupon life cycle, how do retailers know if their offers are effective? There should be no guesswork involved when determining who will receive offers, how many offers to make available, or the liability associated with a campaign.
- Sponsored by CodeBroker
2:00 pm | Refreshment Break
2:30 pm | Breakout #1
In this session, we’ll discuss how mobile messaging can be the gateway to deeper engagement. There are new post-click opportunities that are perfectly delivered via text messaging such as mobile wallet content through Apple’s Passbook, Google Wallet and mobile web experiences. We’ll also discuss the importance of personalization. Consumers now expect every mobile message to be contextually relevant and personalized. To get this right, marketers need a solid data strategy that links together their mobile database with their CRM systems, POS systems, marketing automation systems, and other enterprise consumer data systems.
- Kam Bozich | Program Manager | Web + Mobile | Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Moderator: Jack Philbin | CEO | Vibes
- Sponsored by Vibes
2:30 pm | Breakout #2
Location-based mobile marketing delivers the opportunity to engage consumers on the go. You can reach people who are driving near your location or searching nearby. Your marketing message can be tailored based on time of day, traffic or weather conditions — and even the type of location someone is navigating to. Come learn from retail and restaurant advertisers who have increased awareness and store visits.
- Erin Levzow | Director, Digital Marketing and Social Media | Wingstop
- Brad Dolian | Mobile Marketing Manager | Cabela’s
- David Rowe | Manager, Integrated Media | Chick-fil-A Corporate
- Moderator: Jordan Grossman | Director, US Sales | Waze
- Sponsored by Waze
3:30 pm | Refreshment Break
4:00 pm | General Session
Many have said that the launch of Apple Pay has been the best thing to get the nascent mobile payments industry off the ground. But whether you are paying in a commerce app or a store app, there are still pain points to address. Consumers ask themselves: why should I use mobile to pay vs. some other form of payment? In this session, we’ll look at the current state of mobile payments and the impact ordering and loyalty has on consumer adoption.
- Drago Dzerve | Director, Business Development | VeriFone
- Kevin Sanders | VP, Brand Marketing | Pita Pit
- Moderator: Robert Taylor | Co-Founder & Chairman | Splick.it
- Sponsored by Splick.it
6:30 pm | Buses depart
7:00 – 10:00 pm | Dinner Party
After a full day of informative and inspiring sessions, we’re excited to be able to treat you to an evening of great food, great conversation, and a great setting at Shedd Aquarium. Shedd combines the best of early 20th-century “age of aquariums” characteristics—a diverse, global animal collection surrounded by eye-popping architecture—with 21st-century advances in animal care, environments and interpretation. You’ll have the opportunity to see the Abbott Oceanarium and Caribbean Reef during our time at Shedd.
8:00 am | Breakfast
9:00 am | General Session
One of the highlights of the Summit is this deeply interactive session where you’ll work with others at your table on a specific topic, hashing out best practices and things you’ve learned. At the end of the Exchange, leaders from each table will share their takeaways with the entire room. Come prepared to learn and to share!
- What do shoppers want from mobile consumer engagement?, 3cInteractive
- Scaling Your Omnichannel Digital Storefront, Avanti
- Location-Based Targeting With Beacons and GPS: How To Walk Before You Run, Mowingo
- UX Mobile Prototyping for Marketers, The Nerdery
- Mobile Privacy, Data Collection & Sharing and Risk Mitigation, Sheppard Mullin
- You Have Mobile Ordering. Now What?, Tillster
- Mobile Advertising, Wanderful
- Indoor Locationing, ZEBRA
10:30 am | Refreshment Break
11:00 am | General Session
With the focus on interacting and engaging the customer through multiple channels to provide a seamless experience, marketing and IT now have to work together like never before. Silos are coming down and digital teams are emerging to ensure that the organization is thinking mobile first and that mobile strategies transcend all channels. This panel of execs will discuss a wide range of issues including loyalty, payments, security, marketing and innovation.
- Moderator: Ruston Miles | CIO | Bluefin Payment Systems
- Sponsored by Bluefin Payments
Noon | Summit Adjourns